Friday, September 4, 2009

the mother of all non sequiturs

Well, lo and behold, out from the margins comes a blogger, about the Bible, not (yet) on the The Biblioblog Top 50's lists, neither their "290 biblioblogs" list nor their "204 Related Blogs" list ("That’s 494 blogs in all!")

Why has this 1 blogger been excluded?

Is it because she presumes to join the boys on the Merry Go Round? And because she's so adept at logic, at seeing phallacies in the reasonings of men? Does she demonstrate with a man's “classic example of ad hominem” - how his failed argument is ironically against the man, who is a woman? Is she exposing their nakedness by their “hermeneutical gymnastics”? Isn't she neutering Brother Jesus by not allowing the guys to follow “the mother of all non sequiturs”?

No, surely it has nothing to do with her gender, this gap!

So to circle around with our syllogisms, she's merely marginal, speaking mere rhetoric, mere Words of a Fether. She is to blame, this Paula Fether, for being, a woman.

(read her blog at your own risk, then. but don't make the fellas bend and blur that natural class of things called "biblioblog," please. Hoe zou iemand van ons dat vertalen, JP van de Giessen?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! And thanks for the plug. Please also forgive me for using my mystical powers to cause you to blog against your will. ;-)

And the security word is "witches"!
Mwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot once again to click that little "notify me" box.

J. P. van de Giessen said...

First I don't translate anything :)
But in this whole discussion, I'm thinking there are also many other groups which are excluded, like non-English blogs or academic blogs from non-theologians.
If as Dutch archeo-astronomer (hence my knowledge of Hebrew/Greek) writing from my own profession about the Bible is enough to by classified as biblioblogger, many others are classified too. Only they had to write and if it is interesting enough they will be classified too!
The whole discussion is for me a humoristic one and has nothing to do with biblioblogging.

J. K. Gayle said...

I love my new blogger friends! (one of you reminds me of that Eagles song, Oooh witchy woman; the other reminds us all of all sorts of categories of inclusion. thanks to you both for some serious humor.) Welcome Paula and J.P.!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh witchy woman

... "see how high she fliiiieeeess"

I'd make a lousy one anyway, I'm afraid of heights. :-P

J. P. van de Giessen said...

Well after so many people came from your site to mine, I supposed you were looking for new friends ;)