Friday, March 25, 2011

You Belong in Church if Your Body's Not Colored, Sexed, Oriented, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.....

No. I'm not a colored person. Neither an adolescent female nor a woman.  Not a homosexual.  Neither bisexual nor transgendered.

So, yes.  Of course, I belong in church.  So don't put me in one of those little boxes.  And back off a minute while I decide whether I'm going either with Rob Bell (who emerges after 1 hour and 4 minutes of a sermon and begins to give us people a heart breaking and cutting story about some woman who's been in abusive relationships and has been cutting herself)  or with John Piper (who gives us people answers -- yeah answers beyond feelings and empathy and bodies and aid -- yeah answers, about those 5 biblical purposes including that 1 "great gift" for those whose bodies are colored yellow).

So.  Stop telling me that Jesus was not really a Christian but was a Jew and that his favorite foreign word for people was μετανοεῖτε·  Stop telling me that Azusa today means anything more than APU, the big evangelical university, where lots of us people study (the majority of us) and where a bigger percentage of us teach.  And don't make people, people like me, read blogposts that might make us change our minds about our church choice either.  

No comments: