Thursday, April 8, 2010

Motherhood like Torah, and a language which only God can understand

I get both, I value both, so should everyone else who has ever cared about the mental wellbeing of another human being - those mummy blogs are real life lines to some readers as are the daddy blogs which is probably more than we can say about our biblioblogs.
  
"Are Women Bloggers only good as Mommy Bloggers?"  Don’t shoot me for that title.
--Polycarp

If we've somehow managed to construct a "natural" Aristotelian separational, hierarchical binary between (fe-male) parenting and (fe-male) biblioblogging, then we must read (and listen to) Rachel Barenblat's most recent post.  

Another mother poem: carry this in your pocket




3 comments:

J. L. Watts said...

I hope my title was understood as a jab to those who think that women have a place, and it is not biblical studies.

A wonderful poem.

J. L. Watts said...

Sorry, forgot to subscribe.

J. K. Gayle said...

Your title got due attention, I think, J. L. Thanks for the comment about Barenblat's poem.