Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama's Favorite Book, And Yours


What book has changed your life? Or what's your favorite?

My daughter, the bookworm, is reading The Book That Changed My Life: 71 Remarkable Writers Celebrate the Books That Matter Most to Them.  It's fascinating to think back through the books, to the ones that changed us most, and why.  Given a recent post of mine, you can imagine that Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are is one of my favorites, and has influenced me.

And then one of you googles this blog yesterday for obama saying his favorite book is "where the wild things are". Thanks! Here's where that led me: to youtube.com to hear Barack Obama talking about his mom, her influence on him through books, and how he loves Sendak's book. (Boy, does that remind me of my mom!)  Take a look, and listen:



And then would you share your story, a person or book that's influenced you?

No comments: