Saturday, March 27, 2010

Two books

While in Boston for a work conference I read two books I may blog about. Jane Stranz recommended the first, which I carried with me for the trip -Jesus the Riddler: the power of ambiguity in the gospels by Tom Thatcher. The second I bought in a used bookstore cellar - Mary Daly's Gyn/Ecology: The Metaethics of Radical Feminism, that second edition, with her 1990 introduction some 15 years after the first edition; tha now-2-decade-old intro is the one I'd never read until in boston where Daly had worked and found the first sad necessary impetus for writing in the first place. I'm writing posting via an iPhone app, so more to come later on these insightful inventive important works I'm sure.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jane said...

Really looking forward to reading your thoughts about both of these books - and impressed with your updating from the iPhone
REally interested by teh metethics of feminism - sounds fun!

J. K. Gayle said...

Jane, It was a-mazing to read both together! Thank you again for recommending the one, and for posting on it some time back. (Pardon all the technoglitches and nonlinks and typos as I learn the iphone -- and many thanks to a techie blogger mentor of mine for some assistance). Metaethics reflections will come first, i'm sure.